How do I find and register for an event?
To register for a Stanford alumni event online using your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card (if the event charges fees - many events are free), please see below.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Your valid username and password
- Your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card (though you can opt to print the registration form and mail it in with cash or a check)
- First, please log in to your SAA account. If you are unable to log in, please visit our help with the site login.
- From under the "Events, Reunions, Clubs" menu, click "Regional Events."
- View all events in a particular region by clicking the relevant image, or select a particular event in the "Feature Events" or "Events Highlights" sections.
- From the resulting list of events, click the title of the event for which you wish to register.
- The next page will provide specific details about the event. If registration is necessary for this event, you will see a "Register Online" button. If registration is not required, check the event details to see if an RSVP of any kind is required, and to whom this should be directed.
- Click the "Register Online" button.
- The next page lists the details of the event and provides more information. Click "Register." For Reunion Homecoming registration, you will first need to select your class year from the "Event Option" dropdown menu.
- On the "Nametag" tab, ensure your personal information displays as you would like it to on your nametag. Click "Continue."
- On the "Questions" tab, answer the questions that the event planners have included in the registration process. Note that required questions are marked with an asterisk (*).
- On the "Activity" tab, select the relevant activity. You will see the fee for this activity display in the "Ticket Price" column, and the total will update as you select your activity and those of any included guests. Additional required fees will display with an "X" in the column to the left of the "Activity" column. Click "Continue."
- You will next see a summary of the activities selected for each attendee, including you and any included guests. If all is correct, click "Continue."
- Enter your payment information. Select the radio button next to the appropriate credit card, and enter your credit card number (excluding spaces) in the "Credit Card No" box. Enter your credit card's expiration date (MM/YY) in the boxes provided. Note the refund and cancellation policy. Once all is correct, click "Submit Payment."
- You will then be taken to a registration confirmation page. Please review the home and business address information we have on file. To update this information, click "Update Address." To update how this information is displayed to fellow alumni and club members, click "Update Privacy."
- You can print this page for your records by clicking "Print this Page." Finally, to generate the confirmation e-mail message, click "Continue." You have successfully registered for an event online.
Most regional clubs have websites where you can join the club to keep up with Stanford activities in your area. Additionally, regional events are posted on the SAA web site. For more information, visit the Where I Live page.
Top Ten Technical Inquiries
- I need my password.
- I can't check my e-mail.
- I can't log in to the web site.
- The system doesn't recognize me during registration.
- How do I update my Alumni Profile?
- Can I use Eudora or Outlook to read my e-mail?
- How do I combat spam e-mail?
- Can I change my username and e-mail address?
- How do I locate a specific alumnus/alumna of Stanford?
- How do I register for a regional event?