How do I change my secret question?
Selecting a secret question and creating an answer will allow you to access your account if you forget your password.
To change your secret question and answer for www.stanfordalumni.org and incircle.stanfordalumni.org, please see below. You must know your existing password to follow the below steps. If you have forgotten your password, please visit our help with the site login.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Your valid username and password
- A one-word answer to one of four predefined secret question selections
- First, please log in to your SAA account. If you are unable to log in, please visit our help with the site login.
- Click "My Profile."
- Under "Your Privacy," click the "Password" link.
- Under "Secret Question," select which of the four predefined secret questions you would like to use from the dropdown menu. Please note that the answer you create must be at least 5 characters long. For example, if your mother's maiden name is less than 5 characters long (ex., "Lee"), please use a different secret question option.
- Create an answer to the secret question option you chose, and enter in the box next to "Answer."
- Confirm the answer you created by entering it again in the box next to "Re-enter Answer."
- You also have the option to create a new password. Please note that this is not required. If you wish, you can change just your secret question.
- To save your changes, click "Save." Make a note of your newly created secret question and answer for future reference.
The secret question is not the only way to recover a lost password. You can also elect to have a temporary password e-mailed to the e-mail address we have on record in your account if you know your username. To recover a password by either of the means above, click the "Forgot Password?" button on the SAA home page at www.stanfordalumni.org.
All Site Login questions
- I can't log in - what do I do?
- How do I request my username or password?
- My temporary password expired.
- A temporary password was sent to my e-mail account, but I did not request one.
- How do I change my password?
- How do I change my secret question?
- Why can't I change my username?
- Why does the login screen seem to refresh over and over
Top Ten Technical Inquiries
- I need my password.
- I can't check my e-mail.
- I can't log in to the web site.
- The system doesn't recognize me during registration.
- How do I update my Alumni Profile?
- Can I use Eudora or Outlook to read my e-mail?
- How do I combat spam e-mail?
- Can I change my username and e-mail address?
- How do I locate a specific alumnus/alumna of Stanford?
- How do I register for a regional event?