Stanford in the Wild
Join hosts Tina Seelig, PhD and Rich Cox, Thursday, April 27 to Sunday, April 30, 2017, at beautiful Fallen Leaf Lake for inspirational presentations from dynamic faculty and alumni presenters at the wild frontiers of their fields! Morning talk sessions are designed after TEDx Stanford, then spend afternoons hiking, paddling or just relaxing at comfortable Stanford Sierra Camp. In the evening your hosts will lead interactive sessions with fellow attendees and presenters.
The information below is for our spring 2016 event. Rates, program details, and reservation information for next year’s Stanford in the Wild (2017) will be available in September.
Spring 2016 Program Highlights
Lecturer, Graduate School of Business at Stanford, Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford (d.school) and the London Business School Tina Seelig, PhD, '85
Professor of the Practice in the Department of Management Science and Engineering (MS&E), and Faculty Director for the Stanford Technology Ventures Program (STVP) at Stanford School of Engineering
Violist and grad student Shirzad Chamine, MBA '88
Chairman Emeritus, CTI Persis Drell
Dean, Stanford School of Engineering Jeff Hancock
Professor, Department of Communication Aleta Hayes, '91
Contemporary dancer, choreographer, performer, and teacher Henning Roedel, MS '11, PhD '16
Grad student Jane Shaw
Dean, Religious Life; professor of religious studies Bob Siegel, '76, MA '77, MD '90
Professor, Microbiology & Immunology Paul Yock
Director, Biodesign Program; Martha Meier Weiland Professor of Medicine
Stanford in the Wild is affiliated with the Stanford Alumni Association (SAA). While we accept applications from all interested parties, Stanford alumni are given first priority and applications are further ranked by postmark. SAA members receive a $100 discount.
Rates do not include taxes on meals and lodging.
*If you're interested in becoming a member, please see our membership page.
Check-in begins at 3 p.m. on Thursday, April 28.
The camp package includes:
- 3-day program with Stanford TEDx-style talks and optional workshops
- 3 nights of single accommodations in a private cabin
- All meals, prepared by Stanford Sierra Camp's chef
- Hosted pre-dinner socials and evening port in front of the fireplace
- Easy access to the Camp's spectacular outdoor setting with guided hikes and boats available
- Specially designed Camp gift
HOUSING AND MEALS
- Private Lodging - Cabins and lodge rooms offer lake views, decks and full private baths. Each cabin bedroom has one queen bed and a writing table. Linens, towels and daily housekeeping are provided.
- Shared Cabins - If you are signing up with another participant, double-occupancy cabins include two private bedrooms and a shared bath.
- Delicious Meals - Our buffet-style breakfasts and lunches and sit-down served dinners include plentiful, healthy selections prepared by our popular, long-time chef.
To reserve a space, please send your nonrefundable deposit of $100 (checks only) to SAA Sierra Programs, LLC along with your completed reservation form. You will then receive a confirmation with additional program information and an invoice for the balance due.
Payments will be refunded, less $100, only if we receive written notice of cancellation before April 14; no refunds for cancellations will be made after this date.
Why attend Stanford in the Wild?
- Enjoy inspiring talks from Stanford faculty and alumni at the frontiers of their fields
- Experience Sierra Camp on beautiful Fallen Leaf Lake
- Get you out of your day-to-day brain in a relaxed, inspirational setting
- Connect with presenters and other attendees in an informal atmosphere
What happens when you mix a long weekend at Stanford Sierra Camp with TEDx Stanford? You get Stanford in the Wild! Soak up the natural beauty at Fallen Leaf Lake, along with inspiring presentations from Stanford faculty and alumni speakers. Mornings and evenings will be filled with stimulating lectures from across disciplines, and afternoons are unscheduled, leaving time for hiking, kayaking, and reading in front of a roaring fire. A perfect way to exercise your mind and body!
Contact Liz Aiken at (530) 542-5600 or email@example.com.