How can I see how my profile appears to others?
Use Profile My Preview to see how your profile appears to different groups of people according to the privacy settings you have specified. Please note that privacy on the alumni site has changed. Your privacy is not determined by which Directory someone uses to view your information (i.e. SAA Directory, GSB Directory, etc.), but rather how you know the person viewing your information.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Your valid username and password.
- First, please log in to your SAA account. If you are unable to log in, please visit our help with the site login.
- Hover your mouse over the my Stanford tab and select My Profile.
- Click on the Preview my profile button in the upper right hand corner.
- There will be a drop-down menu called See how the following group sees your profile.
- The number of groups listed is dependent upon your group affiliations.
- Select the desired group to see how that group will view your profile.
All My Profile/privacy settings questions
- How do I update my contact information in my alumni profile, including my preferred e-mail address and mailing address?
- How do I remove certain information (add privacy) to my profile?
- My Stanford degree information is incorrect in my alumni profile, but I cannot update it. How can I fix it?
- How can I see how my profile appears to others?
Top Ten Technical Inquiries
- I need my password.
- I can't check my e-mail.
- I can't log in to the web site.
- The system doesn't recognize me during registration.
- How do I update my Alumni Profile?
- Can I use Eudora or Outlook to read my e-mail?
- How do I combat spam e-mail?
- Can I change my username and e-mail address?
- How do I locate a specific alumnus/alumna of Stanford?
- How do I register for a regional event?